res·o·lu·tion – rezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n
noun – a firm decision to do or not to do something.
Well, it’s the beginning of 2018. All around I’ve been hearing about getting your resolutions ready for the year. I personally don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions – I think we set them up to sometimes be so unattainable that we set ourselves up for failures. I believe in setting goals.
Goal – ɡōl
noun – the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
synonyms: objective, aim, end, target, design, intention, intent, plan, purpose
Goals can be set to be attainable. You can set a weekly, monthly, semi-yearly, yearly goal. Whether it be to save money, go on a trip, make a lifestyle change, etc. It’s not limited.
2017 – was a rough year for a lot of people. Let’s set some goals that are not only attainable but will make your days better and spread some positivity. Here are some of my goals –
1. Get back to being active. I spent a lot of 2017 feeling sick and at Doctor’s offices. In 2018, even if it’s a 30 min walk, my goal is to be active a few times a week.
2. Treat myself to something nice. Sometimes as women we tend to put others first before ourselves. It’s ok to buy something nice and make yourself feel good.
3. Cook more often. With a busy schedule it’s not always the easiest thing to do, come home and cook after a full day. But it becomes easier when you plan ahead and make more use of your crockpot / instapot / pressure cooker or even your oven.
4. Make date nights – with your significant other, friends or family. Just make time for those you love.
5. Learn to take a break and relax and just enjoy life.
Let’s set attainable goals. Goals that won’t make us feel so much pressure to meet this image of what we should be. Let’s feel good about our accomplishments. Write the down and check them off as you reach them!
As always, make each day sparkle like glitter and remember to always stop and smell the roses. Life is too short not to enjoy each moment.
~ Rosie Chavez ~
Sweet Glitter Rock Blogger and Resident Sweater Expert